Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thrifty College Girl makes a Wreath

Wreaths make a lovely first impression to anyone's front door. Whether it is a fresh floral wreath or a faux one for outside, wreaths can be very expensive. These two wreaths are in the $50 to $60 dollar range. A thrifty college girl can't go around spending food money on an overpriced bundle of twigs, so she makes her own.
I went over to the local Hobby Lobby and picked out floral stems in colors perfect for my scheme. I favor aquas, purples, and greens. All you need is a hot glue gun and a pair of wire cutters (those metal stems can be difficult to cut). Arrange the flowers around the pre-made bundle of twigs, hot glue in place, tie a coordinating ribbon around the top, and Voila!! You have a custom wreath at a great cost. My wreath was only $14.00 and it goes with my apartment better than any of the ones in the store. Not to mention it was a great rainy day project. I hope you enjoy!!
Here is the wreath my mom made for her front door:

4 comments: